Ohio State Releases Roster For 2021 Spring Football Practices
On Friday, it began.
Ohio State, after a short break followed by winter workouts with Mickey Marotti, started 2021 spring football inside the Woody Hayes Athletic Center three days ago with eyes on this fall’s season.
Who exactly will be participating in spring camp? We learned that on Monday morning.
The football program released a 112-player spring football roster, which includes 15 early enrollee freshmen, 41 returning lettermen and seven players using the additional year of eligibility extended to them by the NCAA due to the pandemic. Together, they’ll go through 29 practices scheduled to run until April 17, the date when the Buckeyes plan to have a spring game.
This is the largest group of freshmen on a spring roster yet at Ohio State. Along with their numbers, here are the heights and weights of the incoming freshmen, per the program:
- Jayden Ballard: 6-foot, 192-pound wide receiver
- Denzel Burke: 6-foot, 192-pound cornerback
- Reid Carrico: 6-foot-2, 228-pound linebacker
- Ben Christman: 6-foot-6, 312-pound offensive lineman
- Jantzen Dunn: 6-foot-1, 188-pound safety
- Emeka Egbuka: 6-foot-1, 203-pound wide receiver
- Marvin Harrison Jr.: 6-foot-3, 202-pound wide receiver
- Sam Hart: 6-foot-5, 240-pound tight end
- TreVeyon Henderson: 5-foot-10, 210-pound running back
- Kyle McCord: 6-foot-3, 210-pound quarterback
- Zen Michalski: 6-foot-9, 295-pound offensive lineman
- Jesse Mirco: 6-foot-4, 210-pound punter
- Evan Pryor: 5-foot-10, 197-pound running back
- Jack Sawyer: 6-foot-4, 240-pound defensive end
- Tyleik Williams: 6-foot-3, 330-pound defensive tackle
Defensive tackle Haskell Garrett, defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson, wide receiver Demario McCall, offensive tackle Thayer Munford, cornerback Marcus Williamson, long snapper Bradley Robinson and walk-on tight end Corey Rau are all officially back for one more year of college football. McCall and Rau hadn’t publicly made announcements that they planned to use the extra year of eligibility offered by the NCAA.
Five returning players have new jersey numbers: Kamryn Babb (18 to 8), Mitchell Melton (37 to 20), Cody Simon (39 to 30), C.J. Stroud (14 to 7) and Ryan Watts (26 to 16).
The official spring roster: